[Tellico-users] feature request

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Oct 7 14:26:15 UTC 2013

Hi Micha,

On 10/03/2013 08:34 AM, Michael Jahn wrote:
> 1. long title names (> 255 chars) can't be exported (to html) on the
>     most filesystems

Ah, so the exporter should truncate long file names? That makes sense.

> 2. if the authors name (nickname or name with non-ascii chars
>     e.g. japanese name) is enclosed in brakets, then they should be
>     ignored for sorting in the group-view

Ignored for sorting in what sense? You mean if an author has a nickname
in brackets, then the grouping should ignore it and look for other
entries with that same author, but no nickname?

> 3. a duplication finder or compare ability for filters would be fine

I'm not sure what you mean here.

> 4. next/prev buttons in the "edit entry" window would be fine too

:) Yup, that's been an existing request for a while. The tricky part is
thinking about what "Next/Prev" means. Next entry in the group view?
implement in a meaningful way.

> 5. a more completely export-to-html function with all group-views and
>     filters, that would be awesome ;-)

Ah, that would be nice! If anyone wants to mock-up some HTML, I can make
the XSLT export from Tellico work for it. :)