[Tellico-users] Question about subsets of data

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sun Oct 6 20:34:27 UTC 2013

On 10/04/2013 05:37 PM, Shelagh Manton wrote:
> Just tried to save a subset of data to another tellico file and I think I
> must be missing something.
>
> I filtered out a set of items which then appeared in the column view.
> Then I highlighted all the items and saved as culledbooks.tc.
>
> When I opened the new file, all the books from the old file were still in
> there. How does one save a subset of data to another file?

One approach would be to select the books you want to have in the file,
then do File->Export to Zip. That actually exports to a Tellico zip file
(which is all the .tc file is) and check the option for "Export selected
entries only".

> In the end I did a reverse filter (not equals) and deleted all the
> matching items and saved that file to the new name. But it is not an
> ideal method I must say.

That would have been my next suggestion. :) That's partly why the
reverse filters exist.