[Tellico-users] Question about subsets of data

Shelagh Manton shelagh.manton at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 00:37:23 UTC 2013

Hi

Just tried to save a subset of data to another tellico file and I think I
must be missing something.

I filtered out a set of items which then appeared in the column view.
Then I highlighted all the items and saved as culledbooks.tc.

When I opened the new file, all the books from the old file were still in
there. How does one save a subset of data to another file? I looked in
the documentation and could not spot a heading that would suggest
instructions for it.

I want to delete the books from my database but I want to keep a record
of books I have had.

In the end I did a reverse filter (not equals) and deleted all the
matching items and saved that file to the new name. But it is not an
ideal method I must say.

If I haven't explained well enough let me know and I'll try again.

Cheers

Shelagh