[Tellico-users] Eliminating duplicates in book library

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Nov 13 05:48:21 UTC 2013

On 11/11/2013 01:01 AM, Robert Waldner wrote:
> Is there a way to eliminate duplicates, preferrably based on title
>   (quite some of my books predate ISBN)? Or do I have to bite the
>   bullet, so to speak, and go through the whole list manually?

There's not an easy way built into Tellico. But you can do it through an
XSL transform.

I've attached one that should remove duplicates, matching by title.

1. Export your existing collection as XML (File->Export->XML).
   * Uncheck the "Include images" to test it
2. Import using the transform (File->Import XSL Transform)
   * Select the XML file you already saved
   * On the next dialog, select the XSL attached to this email and
select "Replace collection"
3. Save as a new collection file, just to be sure

See if that works for you.