[Tellico-users] How to make a bibliography collection access the Google Book Search engine?

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sun Oct 14 23:43:44 UTC 2012

On 10/14/2012 04:03 AM, Jayesh Badwaik wrote:
> I am managing a bibliography collection which should contain books as
> well as scientific articles. However, I cannot find any option to make
> the bibliography collection update its information from the data source
> "Google Book Search" or for that matter any other source from the book
> collection type which is not there in the bibliography collection type.
> Why is it so?

An oversight on my part. I didn't set the Google Book Search to be valid
for bibliographies. I can fix that for the next release.

Your workaround, which should work for most cases, is to create a new
book collection and add the books you want to update against from Google
and save it. Then from your bibliography, do File->Import->Tellico data
and choose "Merge collection".

Sorry about that.