[Tellico-users] One small annoyance with tellico

Bruno Cornec bruno at victoria.frmug.org
Thu Oct 4 00:35:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 07:49:52PM -0700, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On 10/02/2012 01:54 PM, Bruno Cornec wrote:
> >It's not that content BTW, as my CDS have 28, 31 and 24 tracks, not 17
> >as mentioned upper :-(
> >
> >I found it on MusicBrainz at
> >http://musicbrainz.org/release/39ee80e3-64c0-3406-9f4b-99c2694009aa
>
> This disc, then
> http://musicbrainz.org/cdtoc/AeijVUK1D7qFjHOQuw2OQPzTkC8-

Yes. That's the first of the set.

> which points me to
> http://www.freedb.org/freedb/classical/8511c81c

Maybe. But none of the content of what is written there has been
imported. Neither for the tracks, nor the comment I see now.

> So I checked Tellico with that disc ID, 8511c81c, and the first disc
> only was correctly imported using the text from the freedb listing
> rather than the musicbrainz.  Unfortunately, I don't have a working
> CD drive at the moment, so I can't check with a real disc. I need to
> correct that. :/

No pb, I'm not in a hurry :-)

> The Musicbrainz and Freedb code in Tellico are completely separate,
> so it's a mystery to me how the musicbrainz text could be showing up
> for the freedb search.

Strange indeed? In fact I was now under the impression that the
musicbrainz search was taking precedence over the FreeDB one.

In my tellicorc I have:

[ImportOptions - FreeDB]
CD-ROM Devices=/dev/cdrom,/dev/dvd,/dev/sr0,/dev/sr1
Cache Files Only=false
Last Device=/dev/sr1

And my MusicBrainz entry look like this:

[Data Source 12]
Custom Fields=
Name=MusicBrainz
Type=19
UpdateOverwrite=false
Uuid={55b93113-3ec9-4df9-8afb-b8b3189e05f3}

Anything I could do to have more debug info so you could have more
details ?

Thanks and greetings,
Bruno.
--