[Tellico-users] Source for Really, Really Old Books

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Oct 3 02:28:13 UTC 2012

On 10/02/2012 07:29 AM, Thomas Ronayne wrote:
> Is there a source (perhaps compatible with Tellico) for old and rare
> books? I'm working with a group cataloging a huge collection of old and
> rare books (and all kinds of art, scientific instruments, cameras,
> etching plates, you name it) from an estate donated to our local county
> to be a cultural heritage institution. By old, I mean anywhere from the
> 1400's to the late 19th century.
>
> Anyway, I've been looking for some rare book reference site (might make
> life a little easier) or two and haven't really come up with anything
> useful; I'd appreciate any hints or suggestions.

My wife, who is the professional librarian in the family, suggested
Alibris and WorldCat.

http://www.alibris.com/
http://www.worldcat.org/

She noted that many libraries keep their rare books separate from their
circulation collection, which can make it hard to search. Tellico isn't
able to search either of those sites, unfortunately. Both have the
Richardson book you mention, but neither has the Portuguese/French
dictionary.