[Tellico-users] Changing printing layout

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Thu May 17 15:01:28 UTC 2012

On 5/17/2012 6:47 AM, mivaho at gmail.com wrote:
>> You should be able to click on the issue number column, then
>> click the series column, and then the print should be in the same order
>> you see in the window.
>
> I had to do some tweaking and trying but in the end I got some result.
> Can't say it's user friendly or even intuitive.
>
> The sorting is done strictly so I'll have to go and ad zero's in front
> of the 1 to 9 issues so I'll see them at the top.

Open the Fields Editor and check if the field type is "Number". If it
is, it should do numeric sorting, without a need for zero padding.

>> That said, the tellico-printing.xsl file is rather complex. I"m assuming
>> you're putting xsl:sort statements below the xsl:for-each for the
>> entries? That path for the output is used if the entries are not being
>> grouped, which is one of the options in the print dialog.
>
> I was now where near that I think. There is a part at the top of that
> file with the line:
>
> <xsl:param name="column-names" select="'title'"/>
>
> Above it it says that you should put the field names in there. That was
> what I was doing.

Yeah, the XSL gets complicated for sure. That param line is used to
determine which fields get shown. But that setting in the XSL file only
gets used if the XSL file is used outside of Tellico. When Tellico uses
it, the column names get passed from Tellico (to match the ones
currently in the column view) so the ones in the XSL file get ignored.