[Tellico-users] Debugging the Amazon problem

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Mar 19 04:50:50 UTC 2012

Hi Keith,

On 03/18/2012 04:16 AM, Keith A. Gillow wrote:
> I've done a quick recompile (tellico 2.3.5 + patch so it buildings on
> Ubuntu 10.04) with the debug output on (#if 0 was line 422 rather than
> 434 in amazonfetcher.cpp) and then done a simple ISBN search to produce
> the attached XML debug file. I've not looked at the file in any detail
> but can see it is returning relevant info about the book so hopefully
> this will give you what you need to spot what is not quite working when
> tellico processes this info.

Thanks for doing that. And the mystery continues, because I still can't
reproduce it. The face that the XML has all the data means it's not an
Amazon key issue or anything in the data request. Somehow, Tellico is
not processing it correctly, as you point out. But I've loaded that file
you sent 3 different ways and it always works for me.

The search you ran did not show any results, correct?

I keep coming back to something happening to the amazon2tellico.xsl
file, which seems to be a likely cause, but with so many people having
the issue, it's hard to believe that they all have corrupt files.

Keith, if I send you another patch to add more debugging, do you mind
applying and testing it for me again?

Thanks,