[Tellico-users] Loading multiple .tc files doesn't keep there own format

Bruno Cornec bruno at victoria.frmug.org
Mon Mar 5 01:38:03 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 06:56:00AM -0800, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> The view settings, like the column order and width, aren't saved in
> the .tc file, it's saved in the tellicorc file in your KDE config
> directory. The view settings are saved per collection type, every
> time you close Tellico or open another file.

So that means you cannot have multiple similar collections.

> >I can provide the various .tc files in order to reproduce the issues.
> >and of course I'm ready to test patches.
>
> It sounds like you've got multiple Tellico files, all of the same
> type (Books, video, etc.). And you want to have different view
> settings on a per file basis, rather than per collection type basis,
> is that right?

That was the case. I changed the type of one file (scores collections)
which I created similar to the CD collection (as I wanted to capture a
lot in common between the 2). I have now moved it.

I still think it would be great if we could save a collection again,
when re-ordering or changing the settings of the columns for the various
fileds. I'd prefer that these fileds are part of the collection (that
way when you send it to someone else, he gets your display settings)
instead as in your .rc file. ALso it would allow to have multiple
collections without issue (test/prod/...)

I made again tests, loading alternatively my various collections files,
and it didn't really help.

I went from my CD to my comics, then to my scores collection (now another
type), fixed the order and size of columns, modified one element to
save, then went back to my CD collection, and it was screwed up (from a
display perspective of course, not the content which is correct)

If you need any file from me, let me know.

Best regards,
Bruno.
--
Des infos sur la musique ancienne  -- http://www.musique-ancienne.org