[Tellico-users] Amazon lookups stopped working

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sun Mar 4 23:34:49 UTC 2012

HI Keith,

Thanks for the email and for taking the time to investigate this stuff.

On 03/04/2012 03:16 AM, Keith A. Gillow wrote:
> The Amazon announcement mentioned above states:
> "The new Product Advertising API interface definition (WSDL) is now
> available. While your application may continue to operate after November
> 1, 2011 using older WSDLs, we will stop supporting all previous versions
> on February 21, 2012. Please upgrade to the latest WSDL before that date
> to ensure the continued operation of your application."
> I successfully added a book in Tellico via an Amazon UK search on
> 15/2/2012 but when I next tried on 26/2/2012 and any time there after I
> have no success.
> I tried updating to Tellico 2.3.5 (built from source (+ patch from
> http://tellico-project.org/tellico-235-released) on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS)
> just in case some functionality changes were needed and had already been
> introduced to versions of Tellico released after 1/11/2011 but I'm still
> seeing the same problem.

 From the Amazon announcement, if you click the link for the WSDL, you 
can see that it has a date of 2011-08-01. If I understand Amazon 
correctly, then then API version used should be on or after 2011-08-01. 
If you look in the amazon2tellico.xsl file, then the date at the top 
should be 2011-08-01 for the most recent Tellico release. You can check 
which file Tellico is using with

kde4-config --path data --locate tellico/amazon2tellico.xsl

So that seems to be ok.

You're right, there seem to be many people having an issue with getting 
Amazon results. It's confusing to me since I have unit tests that I 
check frequently and I haven't had any problem with searches from any of 
the Amazon sites, so far. So I gotta figure out why there's a disconnect.


More information about the tellico-users mailing list