[Tellico-users] Tellico behind proxy from GNOME

VInay vinay_wagh at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 07:16:58 UTC 2012

Robby Stephenson <robby at ...> writes:

> On 02/28/2012 10:19 PM, VInay wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I am using tellico from gnome. My network uses authenticated proxy. Where
do I
> > set proxy variables? I need it mainly to fetch the metadata from various
data
> > sources.
>
> Tellico uses the KDE libraries for accessing data from the network, so
> the proxy settings come from the KDE ones. I'm assuming they work under
> GNOME. You can find it in systemsettings -> Network -> Proxy or by
> running "kcmshell4 proxy" I believe.
>
> Robby

Thanks Robby for the reply. I already tried
$> kcmshell4 proxy

The error(s) I get is/are:

kcmshell()/kdecore (services)
KServiceFactory::findServiceByDesktopPath: "proxy.desktop"
not found

kcmshell(kdecore (services)
KServiceFactory::findServiceByDesktopPath: "kcm_proxy.desktop"
not found

kcmshell(kdecore (services)
KServiceFactory::findServiceByDesktopPath: "kcmproxy.desktop"
not found

Could not find module 'proxy'. See kcmshell4 --list for the full
list of modules.

So the question is how does one install proxy "module" for KDE under gnome?

Thanks

-- VInay