[Tellico-users] Delcious Library export correctly

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers.42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 13:37:51 UTC 2012

On 1/8/12 1:07 AM, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 January 2012, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
>> On 1/3/12 10:51 PM, Robby Stephenson wrote:
>>> Based on that error, it's tough to say what the problem is. Any chance
>>> you could send me your delicious library xml file directly (not to the
>>> mailing list)? I can take a shot at debugging it and let you know. I
>>> don't have Delicious Library myself to test with.
>>
>> Here are the music.xml & movie.xml files
>
> Thanks, I did have a chance today to take a look. I'd forgotten that I wrote
> the importer for Delicous Library files back before DL2 had been released.
> And I believe you said you were using Delicious Library 2, correct?

Correct DL 2.7.6

> The XML files you sent came from exporting your collection from DL? I'm
> actually surprised that importing the file for the books works in Tellico.
> The files you sent are different XML than what DL1 used, I believe. I've
> attached an updated XSL file that should work for your movie export. You can
> replace the version of delicious2tellico.xsl in the xsl/ directory in the
> tellico source. I'm still working on getting the music to work.

I used the "export to other application", and exported via bibliography.
otherwise it would not have been imported. It had the same error
code(s), I think.

Installed it. Movies imported as well as they could.

> The actors and genres don't work quite yet, primarily because the way that
> DL exports them is very sloppy. They're all run together so it's impossible
> to figure out how to split the actors or genres.

I noticed that. nothing shows up in the actor fields.

> Do you know where/how DL2 stores your data? Is it all together in one file
> somewhere? I'm not sure if it still uses XML or maybe switched to some DB
> type.
>
> Robby

they store it in the ~/Library/Application Support/Delicious Library 2/
 folder.

the file is huge.

ls -la ~//Library/Application\ Support/Delicious\ Library\ 2/
total 182840
drwxr-xr-x   6 rodney  staff       204 Jan  8 08:27 .
drwx------+ 66 rodney  staff      2244 Jan  2 09:31 ..
-rw-------   1 rodney  staff  52920320 Jan  8 08:27 Delicious Library
Items.deliciouslibrary2
drwxr-xr-x   6 rodney  staff       204 Dec 18  2007 Images
-rw-r--r--   1 rodney  staff       939 Dec 27 09:34 Scanned UPCs Log.txt

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42 at gmail.com>
AIM#:            YAHOO:

        Ben Franklin - 1759