[Tellico-users] run tellico with remote file

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 21 15:05:50 UTC 2011

We want to run tellico on a file which is not on the local machine but on a
server.  The reason is its in a kiosk environment and we want to avoid
having the file itself exposed to accidents including theft of the local
machine.  We will be running fedora, using pessulus to lock the system down.
Its a catalogue of copyrighted graphics, we will thumbnail them, so they can
be viewed full size in the image viewer, but we have to be seen to have
taken proper precautions against copying or theft.

Is it possible to do this?  I guess the other way if not would be to have
the host boot over the net from the server, which I don't really know how to
do but can probably figure out, and write protect the file...

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Peter