[Tellico-users] Re: Tellico Namespace Errors When Searching the Z39.50 ADS Server

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Tue Feb 1 06:02:03 UTC 2011

Hi Nathan,

I apologize for the late reply.

You're right, it does appear to be a namespace issue. The z39.50 searching
goes through a somewhat complicated process of being converted from MODS to
MARC to XML, so there are certainly plenty of points where the XSLT can get
hairy.

What are the options you're using for the ADS z39.50 target so I can do some
testing myself? (database name, character set, etc.?)

In the meantime, though it's not as flexible, you could take a shot using a
script I wrote a while back, if you were interested.
http://tellico-project.org/search-saonasa-astrophysics-data-system

Robby