[Tellico-users] Tellico questions - data files back up, scaling & isbn lookup

Stephan Debelle stephan.debelle at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 15:42:53 UTC 2011

Roby,

Thank you for your response, so far I have been testing v 2.3.1 on a VM
using the same image we will be using and it works like a charm!  I had
tried to compile the latest version but ran into too many dependancy issues
on Ubuntu so decided to use the package available using this repository deb
http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu/ lucid-getdeb apps

For testing purpose I had saved the .tc file in the /home/documents
directory and images are stored in a sub-directory, so it appears that is
all I need to consider for backup.

The intent is to have one desktop in the library which will be used for
check-in/check-out but I am thinking of having the .tc and image directory
on a Dropbox folder.  This would allow the teachers to consult the catalog
from their laptop as well and I won't have to worry about back up as long
as they don't make any edits from their laptop.  Perhaps better option
might be for me to have job copy the files at regular interval so I can
insure the "master" file does not get overwritten.

The images are not large in size so I will keep you posted on performance
once we have the collection set up (mid-january).  I added the
amazon.frand the sudoc sources and doing an update actually pulled
data for a few
more ISBN so that is great!

As far the multiple copies, I don't think there is a lot of them so I will
simply create a duplicate if needed altough most likely they will be
duplicated during the scanning step.

The school I am supporting is http://www.thefrenchabc.com so feel free to
add it to the list of users!

All teacher's laptops & the lab is running on Ubuntu 10.10, Tellico is just
a perfect fit!  Kuddos to the Open Source Community and Developers!

We are aiming to have the system and collection ready by the end of January
and will make sure to give you some feedback.

Happy New Year and Thank you again!

Stephan

--
Stephan