[Tellico-users] Re: Bug report - metadata read fails

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sat Nov 13 06:09:00 UTC 2010

On Friday 12 November 2010, james.erwin at lycos.com wrote:
> I only need a reliable reader and indexer of metadata
> (mp3, mp4,flac files). Metadata that reads reliably through other
> programs (media players, tag editors) is often not read by Tellico. I
> see no pattern for when this happens - no common denominator. No error
> is shown on import from metadata - it just is not added. I note that the
> most recent version lists nothing for Ubuntu (I am running Lucid Lynx)
> and "Debian" is listed as "unstable". Is this a known bug for Ubuntu?

I think you'll have to be a bit more specific. Tellico should be able to read
metadata for any audio file that the Taglib library can read. mpp4 can be hit
or miss, I think, depending on how the file was created. Is it reproducable?
That is, if Tellico misses the metadata for a certain file, does it miss it
every time you try to read it? In that case, let me know what kind it is,
etc.

According to the Taglib website, it supports "both ID3v1 and ID3v2 for MP3
files, Ogg Vorbis comments and ID3 tags and Vorbis comments in FLAC, MPC,
Speex, WavPack TrueAudio, WAV, AIFF, MP4 and ASF files. "  So if you have an
example of one of those formats not working, that's a bug.