[Tellico-users] Re: 'discard' doesn't always discard changes

Andrew Bennett drewbenn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 04:29:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 9:31 PM, Robby Stephenson <robby at periapsis.org> wrote:
>> This could cause data loss in the case where a user edits an entry,
>> makes a mistake and wants to 'start over', closes the entry and
>> discards their changes, then re-edits the entry.  A bit of a corner
>> case, but could catch someone who isn't paying close attention or
>> making changes in multiple categories (tabs).
>
> Ah, true, very subtle. :) It's a consequence of the fact that the Entry
> Editor dialog window is never really closed, just hidden. And the value sin
> the edit boxes aren't actually emptied when the window is closed. I'll fix
> that.

Glad to hear it's straightforward.  I hope the fix is as easy!

>> Also, unrelated, but: when I open Tellico, the cursor starts in the
>> Filter field.  I can't press ctrl-u to edit the Collection Fields
>> without tabbing or clicking out of the Filter field (it looks like
>> ctrl-u is used to erase any text entered in the field).  It's been a
>> minor annoyance.  Is this the intended behavior?
>
> Hmmm, my window has the field combo box selected, so CTRL-U does bring up the
> Collection Fields dialog without problem. Typing a letter selects the first
> group field that starts with that letter. I guess the toolbar is getting
> selection, so the cursor starts there? I'm not sure how the focus works in
> KDE...
>
> There are keyboard shortcuts for the toolbar, so maybe the focus is a side-
> result  of setting them? I can poke at things, but it's not intentional.

To complicate things, I'm using GNOME.  I haven't, as far as I can
remember, set any keyboard shortcuts within Tellico, or for any other
KDE app.

It's pretty mild as annoyances go, so since it isn't something that's
quick and easy to change, I'll just keep pressing tab when I start
Tellico.

Thanks,

Drew

---