[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.3 upcoming

Matthew Soffen sirgeek at mrsucko.org
Sat Jul 31 04:48:44 UTC 2010

> On Friday 30 July 2010, Matthew Soffen wrote:
>> >
>> > bug, but the
> CSV files that Tellico writes are

> anything Windows, include ListPro for Windows Media

> Pocket
>> >
>> > PC. Maybe a more Windoze friendly CSV format?
>> >
>> > Can
> you help me
>> > understand
>> > what "not recognized" means? CSV files are
> just text files. Is
>> > there
>> > something about them that prevents them
> from being read?
>>
>> There is a bug related to the 1st field being named
> ID.  If you rename it
>> to Id or Record ID , etc.  It will work fine.
>>

> Windows is taking the ID as a file identifier.
>
> Wow, that sounds really
> odd...thanks for the info.

No problem

I had replied with this but it didn't make it to the list -

I assume you mean the SYLK file error ? This is documented by Microsoft -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323626/

I ignored the error and opened it, and I did manage to get the file open
(and if I changed it to Id, it opened fine).

However, A few "issues" with the CSV file that I'm seeing.

1) I believe that the header line should be in "s (i.e. "ID" vs ID)
2) The LCCN should be in "s too (since it is NOT a number - it IS being
3) To fix the "SYLK" stuff, Could you change it to  "Id" (the file then
opens immediately) ?
4) All the text fields SHOULD be quoted.  This is from my books database.
The 1st book the title seems OK (but the rest are not quoted).  The 2nd
book does not (and none of the other books in my CSV are quoted either).