[Tellico-users] link failure

Regis Boudin regis at boudin.name
Sun Feb 14 16:44:22 UTC 2010

Hi Robby,

On Sat, 2010-02-13 at 14:54 -0800, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On Thursday 11 February 2010, Sandor Bodo-Merle wrote:
> > The whole link failure seems to relate to gnu gold linker.
> > Switching back to plain old gnu ld solved the problem. Tellico compiles
> > without reverting any commits.
>
> Looks like libkabc depends on libkresources. The cmake module for finding
> libkcal doesn't infer that, I guess. Maybe I should switch to using the
> kdepimlibs check that ships with kdepimlibs rather than a custom version...

I'm all for that. And to do the same for KCddb as well.

> I'm not sure what that means for distributions that split the kdepimlibs
> package.

Looking at how it's done in Debian, the package is split, but there is
one single dev package. I would say if a distribution splits the
packages in a way that makes others fails to build when they do things
correctly, it's a packaging bug on their side, and you're not the one
who should be fixing it.

Regis