[Tellico-users] Went back to 1.3.6 and no more segmentation faults

Regis Boudin regis at boudin.name
Thu Feb 4 10:35:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thu, February 4, 2010 04:42, Robby Stephenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 February 2010, Peter Alcibiades wrote:
>> If there is anything I can do to help track down the segmentation
>> faults,
>> happy to, I just need some help with what to do and how to do it.
>
> I'm not sure of the exact way on Debian, but essentially, you would
> install the debuginfo package and gdb, then run

There is no debug info available externally, but you can rebuild the
package without stripping the debug symbols, which is done by passing
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="nostrip" to dpkg-buildpackage. Then you need to install
your custom package and follow Robby's instructions.

I would normally offer to rebuild them for you, but I really don't have
time with work at the moment. If you don't know how to rebuild the
package, don't hesitate to ask though.

> gdb tellico
>
> and when it crashes, you might get Dr. Konqui crash handler show up with a
> tab for a backtrace. If not, type backtrace at the gdb prompt and see if
> you
> get lots of text there. Paste it in an email.
>
> But there may not be a tellico-dbg package for you.
> http://debug.debian.net
> seems to indicate so.

I had a quick look, I'm afraid 1.2.5 might be a bit... outdated. I know
there are plans to automatically generate the -dbg packages at some point,
but no idea where the project is.

Regis