[Tellico-users] SAO/NASA ADS sources

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Fri Aug 20 05:08:15 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 18 August 2010, Jameson Rollins wrote:
> Hi, folks.  Does anyone happen to know if anyone has worked on a
> SAO/NASA ADS [0] data source?  I'm not finding anything in the user
> contrib [1].

I haven't seen one.

> If not, is there a how-to somewhere for making new data source engines?

It essentially boils down to writing some sort of script that takes search
parameters via command-line, and then outputs results in a format that
Tellico understand (which can be Tellico XML, bibtex, MODS or RIS)

Based on a quick look, there are bibtex records in the database. I actually
just grabbed one by importing a bibtex url directly. :)
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-
bib_query?bibcode=1989ApJ...342L..71R&data_type=BIBTEX&db_key=AST&nocookieset=1

So maybe the script could construct that URL, then echo it to tellico.