[Tellico-users] Automatic crash report generated by DrKonqi for Tellico.

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Apr 26 22:58:29 UTC 2010

On Monday 26 April 2010, Bartosz Flis wrote:
> Actually, I'm loading a file exported from earlier version of tellico
> (latest of 1.x branch). The list is displayed correctly, but as soon as
> I click on an item that should contain an image (saved beforehand to
> imported file), the program crashes. The issue doesn't exist when
> selecting entries without embedded images.

It's a bug in some selection code that I recently added, I think.

> I don't know whether any kind
> of backward compatibility is to be expected, but if not, is there a way
> to recognize files from older versions of tellico and either ignore them
> or inform user somehow, that the file can't be loaded?

Tellico can open any data file all the way back  to Bookcase 0.3. I'm rather
proud of that fact! :)  There's even a unit test for it...

Comparing the crash backtraces, it seems like this selection bug is hitting
several people. I need to figure out how to reproduce it exactly, and then I
can get it fixed.

Thanks for reporting it.