[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.0pre2 Released

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sun Sep 6 20:07:43 UTC 2009

On Sunday 06 September 2009, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> 1. I recently got my CueCat barcode scanner (which was gathering dust
>    in a closet) working for scanning for the ISBN.  It's a
>    non-"defanged" one, meaning that it needs the parsing code to get
>    the ISBN number.  This works well when using the entry box and
>    searching against Amazon or LOC.  But when I attempt to use the
>    CueCat in the "multiple ISBN" dialog tellico doesn't apparently
>    decode the the CueCat output into an ISBN, it actually causes the
>    multiple entry dialog to either disappear or fill with garbage.

Yeah, I should probably figure out how to get the validator to work there,
too.

> 2. When I choose a title in the list and right-click to update from a
>    source, say, Amazon, the information in the lower pane doesn't
>    update immediately

Ah, thanks, I'll work on that.

> 1. I notice that fields never appear to auto-complete.  For example, I
>    added a new field "Purchase Location" for bookstore or city in
>    which I purchase a book.  [...]  Does this feature exist for some
>    fields, has it ever been considered for tellico?

You have to turn on "Allow grouping.." for the field to have auto-
completion. Open up the field dialog to edit that.

> 2. The "Purchase Date" field appears to be free-form text, it doesn't
>    attempt to validate the date in any way, is there anyway to enable
>    this, does it need to be implemented?

There's no validation, but you can change it to a full Date field rather
than a free text field.

> Thanks for the very nice piece of software.

Sure, thanks for the email.