[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.0 in Gnome?

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Thu Oct 8 13:25:30 UTC 2009

On Thursday 08 October 2009, nelamvr6 wrote:
> A huge number of Tellico users use Gnome, we really need a .deb package,
> or EASY TO FOLLOW instructions.
>
> Right now I am thinking more and more that cmake simply sucks.

It'd be more helpful if you actually posted the errors that cmake is giving
you. Then we could give you specific help.

The basic instructions are to extract the source tarball, change into the
tellico-2.0/ directory and run

cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`

That tells cmake to configure the current directory and  install Tellico
into the same place that KDE4 is installed...

Then type make and wait for it to compile.
Then type "sudo make install" (without the quotes), enter your root
password, and wait for it to install.
Then type tellico to run it