[Tellico-users] Amazon search times out on large data sets

Todd A. Jacobs nospam at codegnome.org
Mon Nov 23 03:43:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 07:23:54PM -0800, Robby Stephenson wrote:

> You can highlight one and do Ctrl-C, I think, but I see your point. It's a
> standard KDE message box though, so I'll have to see if there's some
> convoluted way I could make it more selectable. Tellico doesn't actually
> create the dialog itself.

Part of the problem is that tellico discards the current results if you
search again. What about making additional searches additive (unless
someone pushes clear), and just popping up the multi-edit dialog with
the unfound items appended to the bottom of the list with a comment,
like so:

    <isbn>
    <isbn>
    <isbn>

    # The following ISBN's were not found:
    <isbn>
    <isbn>

Then the user could just delete the ISBN's that were found and resubmit
just the missing ones, resubmit the whole set, or whatever. What do you
think?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"