[Tellico-users] barcode functionality doesn't appear to be built with 2.1

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 19 00:37:58 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I'm trying to (re-)enable the barcoding suport in tellico 2.x for the
Fedora package.  I notice that the cmake (?) script looks for the v4l
package, I have added that to the RPM .spec file, and it looks like
cmake detects it correctly:

-- Found libv4l: /usr/include

-- The following external packages were located on your system.
-- This installation will have the extra features provided by these
-- packages.
   * kabc - Support for reading address book
   * kcal - Support for adding loans to calendar
   * libkcddb - Support for CDDB searches
   * taglib - Support for reading multimedia files
   * libyaz - Support for searching z39.50 databases
   * libpoppler - Support for reading PDF files
   * libksane - Support for scanning images
   * libexempi - Support for reading PDF/XMP metadata
   * libv4l - Support for barcode scanning

-- Congratulations! All external packages have been found.

But for some reason the module never gets built.  I starting nosing
around and noticed that the build gets done in a separate build
directory to the source directory:

-- Build files have been written to:
   /home/alex/src/remote-cvs/fedoraproject.org/tellico/F-12/tellico-2.1/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu

and the barcode subdirectory doesn't appear to get created there (unlike
all the other directories).  Is there something else that needs to be
done to the build script, I notice that src/CMakeLists.txt contains:

IF( ENABLE_WEBCAM )
  TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(tellico barcode ${LIBV4L_LIBRARIES})
ENDIF( ENABLE_WEBCAM )

so shouldn't the success in finding libv4l mean that the directory gets
added?  or are there additional cmake commands the .spec file needs to
supply?

Alex