[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.1 Released

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Wed Nov 4 15:55:54 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 04 November 2009, Thomas Ronayne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As noted, Tellico 2.1 does not sort author names properly; i.e., the
> list is displayed sorted on whatever appears in the Author field (first
> initial last or last, first initial). Over the years, authors have been
> entered manually and from internet searches so they can be both ways.

Ah, ok, thanks for the explanation, I follow you now. Tellico 2.0 had broken
formatting, so I fixed that and failed to notice that the sorting no longer
worked. I'll get on that.

> If I click the title bar of the book title column a couple of times,
> Tellico crashes (seems to me that that used to be the way to change the
> sort order).

Right, that is how you change the sort order. I just can't reproduce the
crash, so it's tough for me to fix.

> If there's something I can turn on (or rebuild and install with
> debugging turned on), let me know the command line to build with and
> I'll be happy to do what I can.

Can you generate a backtrace? You need to compille Tellico with -
DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug in the cmake line. Then run

gdb `which tellico`

After Tellico crashes, at the gdb prompt, type backtrace and email it. That
should tell me the file and line where the problem is.

Thanks!