[Tellico-users] Tellico 2.1 Released

Thomas Ronayne trona at ameritech.net
Wed Nov 4 12:53:12 UTC 2009

Hi,

As noted, Tellico 2.1 does not sort author names properly; i.e., the
list is displayed sorted on whatever appears in the Author field (first
initial last or last, first initial). Over the years, authors have been
entered manually and from internet searches so they can be both ways.

The Title column is displayed in what appears to be random order; i.e.,
the first author listed is A. M. Pettis the first title listed is /Night
Passage/, written by Robert B. Parker, followed by /Cromwellian
Settlement of Ireland, The/ written by John P. Prendergast. Neither of
those makes any sense whatsoever to me.

If I click the title bar of the book title column a couple of times,
Tellico crashes (seems to me that that used to be the way to change the
sort order).

Installed software and version

    kdebase-4.2.4-i486-1
    exempi-2.1.1-i486-1_SBo
    yaz-3.0.49-i486-1
    Qt-4

The distribution is Slackware 13.0 and all the system libraries are
up-to-date as far as I know. Tellico is built with a "Slackbuild" and
the build process completes with no errors or warnings.

If there's something I can turn on (or rebuild and install with
debugging turned on), let me know the command line to build with and
I'll be happy to do what I can.

--
A riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.