Release 1.12

Scott Wheeler scott at taglib.org
Mon Nov 30 03:01:47 GMT 2020

> On 29 Nov 2020, at 23:03, Kevin André <hyperquantum at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So how is TagLib going to get a new maintainer? Is there some kind of
> formal process for that?
> I assume you'd want to pick someone capable and willing and who is
> already a regular contributor. For an important project like TagLib it
> is probably a good idea to have at least two maintainers, to avoid
> that person being a single point of failure.

I’m afraid that’s somewhat fanciful.  TagLib has only had about 10 significant contributors (with more than ~10 commits) with the three of us that were maintainers having written about 75% of the code.  That leaves about 7 people in the pool to draw from.

>> Nothing in there is rocket science, but like I said, it is a few days of work.  If you’re interested in jumping in and starting to handle some of that stuff, great.  :-)
>
> Wouldn't he need access to the repository first?

Yes, which is easily do-able (particularly in Urs case since he’s had quite a few accepted patches in the past).