Album metadata field being truncated

Scott Wheeler scott at taglib.org
Thu Aug 17 21:30:39 UTC 2017

On Aug 17, 2017, at 20:14, Ho, Kevin <kevinh at amazon.com> wrote:

> I am using Taglib 1.11
>
> On all the mp3 tracks in a particular album, I am seeing the album metadata field truncated.
>
> I am opening the file with Taglib::MPEG::File file( filepath )
>
> I then do TagLib::Tag* tag = file.get()->tag()
>
> To get the album tag I then do tag->album()
>
> For every other track this seems to work, but on these particular tracks in this album they do not. WMP, windows explorer properties menu and itunes parse the album tag fine for these tracks but VLC has it truncated the same way as TagLib.

My guess is that there's something wrong with the ID3v2 tag, and so it's falling back to the ID3v1 tag (which have a limited number of characters available).  TagLib is relatively strict in spec adherence and often bails out reading a tag if it's non-conformant.  You can check to see if there are any debug messages being printed on the console...  If there aren't any debug messages though, we'd need to see the file to know what's going on.

Cheers,