TagLib compilation with Unicode

Denis Arkhipenko denis-arhipenko at mail.ru
Sat Jun 18 05:30:58 UTC 2016

Hello everyone! Can you please explain me how to build TagLib for Widows
with Unicode support. I'm using Visual Studio 2013.

I tried to build version 1.7 with cmake (console and gui, both). It works
fine when I use FileRef(const char *) .

But it doesn't work for unicoded file paths. When I use FileRef(const
wchar_t *) it gives me undefined reference. I tried to fix it and found that
it can be fixed by using D_UNICODE, but that didn't worked.

Also I tried to build last version (1.11), it builds successfully, but I get
undefined references when trying to use it in my project:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
__thiscall TagLib::FileName::FileName(wchar_t const

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
__thiscall TagLib::FileRef::FileRef(class TagLib::FileName,bool,enum
TagLib::AudioProperties::ReadStyle

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
virtual __thiscall TagLib::FileRef::~FileRef(void

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
class TagLib::Tag * __thiscall TagLib::FileRef::tag(void)const

Here is my code:

QString fullpath = dir.absolutePath() + "/" + name;

const wchar_t * a = fullpath.toStdWString().c_str();

TagLib::FileRef f(a);

TagLib::Tag * tag = NULL;

tag = f.tag();

Somebody, help me, please! Thank you!