wav file more than 2GB can't be read in 32 bit operation system

Tsuda Kageyu tsuda.kageyu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 11:31:10 UTC 2015

Hi Jingbo,

It's a limitation by design. TagLib handles the length and offset of files
with the type *long*. So it can handle large files (larger than 2GB) only
in which *long* is 64-bit like GCC on 64-bit Linux. For most 32-bit
compilers, *long* is 32-bit and TagLib can't handle large files.

In taglib2 branch, we have made some changes to remove the limitation. It
handles the length and offset of files with *long long* which is 64-bit in
most systems.

Regards,
Kageyu