TagLib 1.10 BETA Released

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 18:53:52 UTC 2015

After a long time waiting, we finally have a new release -- beta version of
TagLib 1.10.

There is many changes and bug fixes in this release. That's why we are
releasing a beta version first. If no problems are discovered, the final
version will be released soon after this.

I'd like to thank everybody who contributed to this release. I'd also like
to give a special thanks to Tsuda Kageyu, who basically made this release
happen by implementing most of the new features, fixing most of the bugs
and helping me prepare the release.

Download:

https://taglib.github.io/releases/taglib-1.10beta.tar.gz

Documentation:

http://taglib.github.io/api/

Changes in this release:

 * New API for the audio length in milliseconds.
 * Added support for ID3v2 ETCO and SYLT frames.
 * Added support for album artist in PropertyMap API of MP4 files.
 * Added support for embedded frames in ID3v2 CHAP and CTOC frames.
 * Added support for AIFF-C files.
 * Better handling of duplicate ID3v2 tags in MPEG files.
 * Allowed generating taglib.pc on Windows.
 * Added ZLIB_SOURCE build option.
 * Fixed backwards-incompatible change in TagLib::String when constructing
UTF16 strings.
 * Fixed crash when parsing certain FLAC files.
 * Fixed crash when encoding empty strings.
 * Fixed saving of certain XM files on OS X.
 * Changed Xiph and APE generic getters to return space-concatenated values.
 * Fixed possible file corruptions when removing tags from WAV files.
 * Added support for MP4 files with 64-bit atoms in certain 64-bit
environments.
 * Prevented ID3v2 padding from being too large.
 * Fixed crash when parsing corrupted APE files.
 * Fixed crash when parsing corrupted WAV files.
 * Fixed crash when parsing corrupted Ogg FLAC files.
 * Fixed crash when parsing corrupted MPEG files.
 * Fixed saving empty tags in WAV files.
 * Fixed crash when parsing corrupted Musepack files.
 * Fixed possible memory leaks when parsing AIFF and WAV files.
 * Fixed crash when parsing corrupted MP4 files.
 * Stopped writing empty ID3v2 frames.
 * Fixed possible file corruptions when saving WMA files.
 * Added TagLib::MP4::Tag::isEmpty().
 * Added accessors to manipulate MP4 tags.
 * Fixed crash when parsing corrupted WavPack files.
 * Fixed seeking MPEG frames.
 * Fixed reading FLAC files with zero-sized padding blocks.
 * Added support for reading the encoder information of WMA files.
 * Added support for reading the codec of WAV files.
 * Added support for multi channel WavPack files.
 * Added support for reading the nominal bitrate of Ogg Speex files.
 * Added support for VBR headers in MPEG files.
 * Marked FLAC::File::streamInfoData() deprecated. It returns an empty
ByteVector.
 * Marked FLAC::File::streamLength() deprecated. It returns zero.
 * Fixed possible file corruptions when adding an ID3v1 tag to FLAC files.
 * Many smaller bug fixes and performance improvements.

Lukas