Fwd: cannot set COMPOSER

Bruce Culbertson bruceculbertson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 18:02:58 UTC 2014

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I tried something close to your code.  Your code
does not compile but the following does (t is a pointer to Tag):

            TagLib::StringList valList ("Beethoven");
            TagLib::PropertyMap pmap = t->properties();
            pmap ["COMPOSER"] = valList;
            t->setProperties (pmap);
            f->save();

I ran the above code on mp3, flac, and m4a files and it did not change or
insert a COMPOSER tag, it just silently failed to do what I wanted.
However, the following did change the TITLE tag:

            TagLib::StringList valList ("Beethoven");
            TagLib::PropertyMap pmap = t->properties();
            pmap ["TITLE"] = valList;
            t->setProperties (pmap);
            f->save();

So my conclusion is that the creators of taglib just never finished the
code to insert and edit any but the five or six most common tags.

Cheers,
Bruce

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Michael Helmling <michaelhelmling at posteo.de