Exposing TagLib::PropertyMap values via C bindings

Matt Layher mdlayher at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 16:44:04 UTC 2014

Hello!  I'm working on a project in Go which is making use of C bindings
for TagLib.  I am able to fetch all standard tags just fine (Artist,
Album, Title, etc.), but it would be incredibly useful to be able to
fetch an arbitrary tag from the PropertyMap via the bindings.

For example, even though "ALBUMARTIST" is not supported as a standard
tag of TagLib, I understand that it may be available via the
PropertyMap.  If I were able to call a function, specify "ALBUMARTIST"
as the tag I want from the property map, and have the raw value
returned, it would be incredibly useful.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with C++ to be able to implement
this functionality myself.  If possible, could I request that a function
be added to the C bindings to enable this functionality?

Thank you very much for your time, and I appreciate all of the hard work
that you have done to make TagLib truly great.

- Matt Layher