How to get list of supported formats?

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Thu Oct 10 14:01:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

Taglib main page is saying that:
"TagLib is a library for reading and editing the meta-data of several
popular audio formats. Currently it supports both ID3v1 and ID3v2 for MP3
files, Ogg Vorbis comments and ID3 tags and Vorbis comments in FLAC, MPC,
Speex, WavPack TrueAudio, WAV, AIFF, MP4 and ASF files"

But is it possible to get whole lists of supported extensions at runtime? I
want filter playlists in my application to this supported extensions. I'm
not sure, but mp3 can also be as: *.mp2; *.mpg; *.mpeg; *.mpeg2; *.mpga;
*.mpa; *.mp1; *.mp2; etc.

Regards