Suggestion: some changes in String API (and source compatibility between TagLib 1 and 2)

Festus Hagen festushagenlists at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 1 11:22:17 UTC 2013

________________________________
I think there are three ways that this could go:

- Try to preserve source compatibility for common cases, making porting from TagLib 1 to TagLib 2 as easy as possible

- Allow all API cleanups now since TagLib 1 is now almost 10 years old and the TagLib 1 to 2 transition will be the last chance for API breakage for probably a very long time

- Do like Qt often does in major version changes and include compatibility functions in the API that are marked as deprecated.

Thoughts?

My thoughts ...

I don't like change, However I also understand progress.

So, I like the Qt way in a minimalistic fashion, it doesn't hinder progress, it allows easier migration, unfortunately a bit more work for the team!

-Enjoy
fh : )_~