Trouble Using Compiling with TagLib

Bhatnagar, Arvin arvin.bhatnagar at verizon.com
Fri Sep 30 13:52:40 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm sure I must be doing something very very stupid being unable to compile my project with TagLib.

Environment:
Mac OS X 10.6.8 (64-bit)
Xcode 4.2 Build 4C104
TagLib 1.7

 *   Download TagLib 1.7
 *   Unpack TagLib 1.7
 *   Run the following cmake command:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DINSTALL_LIBS=ON -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON -DCMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/ -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6 -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="i386;x86_64" -DENABLE_STATIC=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="/usr/local"

 *   Run "make"
 *   Run "sudo make install"

Xcode Project Settings:

 *   Architectures – Standard 32/64-bit Intel
 *   Base SDK – Mack OS X 10.6
 *   Valid Architectures – i386 x86_64
 *   Compiler – Apple LLVM compiler 3.0
 *   Mac OS X Deployment Target – Mac OS X 10.6
 *   Header Search Paths - /usr/local/include/**
 *   Library Search Paths - /usr/local/lib/**

Xcode Code:

 *   I have .h and .mm files
 *   The .mm file has these #import's

#import <taglib/tag.h>

#import <taglib/tag_c.h>

#import <taglib/taglib.h>

 *   My function is just this:

+ (void) audioMetaData:(NSURL *)audioURL {

if ( audioURL && [audioURL isFileURL] ) {

TagLib_File *file = nil;

TagLib_Tag  *tag  = nil;

taglib_set_strings_unicode(YES);

file = taglib_file_new([[audioURL path] fileSystemRepresentation]);

tag = taglib_file_tag(file);

taglib_tag_free_strings();

taglib_file_free(file);

}

}

 *   When I compile this is the error received:

  "_taglib_set_strings_unicode", referenced from:

      +[AudioMetaData audioMetaData:] in AudioMetaData.o

  "_taglib_file_new", referenced from:

      +[AudioMetaData audioMetaData:] in AudioMetaData.o

  "_taglib_file_tag", referenced from:

      +[AudioMetaData audioMetaData:] in AudioMetaData.o

  "_taglib_tag_free_strings", referenced from:

      +[AudioMetaData audioMetaData:] in AudioMetaData.o

  "_taglib_file_free", referenced from:

      +[AudioMetaData audioMetaData:] in AudioMetaData.o

Command /Developer/usr/bin/clang++ failed with exit code 1

I spent all day on this yesterday and thought I would ask the experts out on this list for any advice. So please if anyone can shed some light on this for me, I would be very grateful!

Thanks,
Arvin