Possible memory leak || what I am doing wrong

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Tue Sep 6 08:12:31 UTC 2011

On Sep 5, 2011, at 11:55 PM, joseph Dobson wrote:

> I am compile with (have compile a non c++0x version and get the some result)
> g++ id3.cpp -std=c++0x -ltag -I/usr/include/taglib
> and it compiles and links just fine

<rant>

Valgrind is great, but not a panacea.  If you're not going to actually look at "errors" that are being reported (hint, they're not leaks; valgrind actually reports leaks and still reachable blocks differently, and in this case, since it's a singleton without a destructor, it's fine that it's still reachable), then there's not much use in reporting them to others.  (This gets reported every few months...)

</rant>