error and warning messages

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Fri May 13 22:56:40 CEST 2011

On May 13, 2011, at 9:20 PM, Ivar Eskerud Smith wrote:

> I have asked this question before, and I don`t think there is a way to do this.

Historically the reason for this is that the debugging messages were only intended for TagLib developers (honestly, I don't think any of them are particularly useful for application developers).  At that time KDE (and related packages, including TagLib) were always built with the NDEBUG define in release packages, which defines debug(x) and debugData(x) as empty macros.