taglib-1.7: shlib minor decreased

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:22:49 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Thomas Klausner <tk at giga.or.at> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When building taglib-1.7 on NetBSD-5.99.48/amd64, I found that the
> shared library is now "libtag.so.1.7.0".
> When building the previous version, 1.6.3, the shared library was
> "libtag.so.1.9.0".
>
> So effectively, this was a library downgrade. Could you please fix it
> and bump the version installed by 1.7?

Unfortunately, the autotools and CMake build systems used different SO
name versioning. I'm not sure what's the best way to resolve this, but
I'm inclined to changing the CMake build system to follow the
libtool-like version numbers we used in the past.

Is it a problem though? The major version stayed the same, which is
what most applications link against.

Lukas