TagLib in XBMC

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Sat Jan 29 18:31:54 CET 2011

On 01/27/2011 06:11 PM, Geoffrey McRae wrote:
> It currently is static linked at the moment, but we don't want to, nor
> should we have to maintain patches to implement this functionality.

Not to be contrary, but if you want a feature in a library that isn't
currently a part of that library, saying that "we shouldn't have to
maintain patches to implement this functionality" is totally bogus. Of
course you should. TagLib never advertised this feature, so it's not
reasonable for you to expect that it has it.

If you write the functionality you need and don't want to maintain your
own patches, contribute it upstream.

--Jeff