ID3 chunks in WAVE/AIFF files

Stephen F. Booth me at sbooth.org
Fri Oct 29 19:03:04 CEST 2010

2010/10/29 Lukáš Lalinský <lalinsky at gmail.com>

> I'm not sure if this is the best solution. It will read the tag from
> 'id3 ', but then write a duplicate 'ID3 '. We should either
> consistently use the original chunk ID, or remove existing 'id3 '.

You're right- I realized this after I sent the patch and took a look at the
save() code.  Having both an 'ID3 ' chunk and an 'id3 ' chunk would be bad.

I'm not aware of a standard for the chunk id, so I think the best thing to
do in this case is to preserve the original one.  But standardization is
also a good argument so I'm on the fence.