Problem saving multiple values for same FLAC field.

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 14:19:53 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 6:58 AM, David Vazgenovich Shakaryan
<dvshakaryan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I threw together something quick in C++, and it seems the same problem
> persists. Here is the output of the application:
> Reading file:
>   No tags set.
> Before saving:
>   ALBUM  one
>   ALBUM  two
>   CUSTOM  one
>   CUSTOM  two
>   DATE  20x10
> After saving:
>   ALBUM  one
>   CUSTOM  one
>   CUSTOM  two
>   DATE  20
> As you can see, it is not letting me set more than one ALBUM field, but lets
> me set more than one CUSTOM field. Furthermore, it is not letting me set a
> DATE field with a character in it. I'm hoping this is not essential, because
> the Vorbis comments specification allows such things.
> Here is my (probably horrible) C++ code:
> http://paste.pocoo.org/show/276841/
> http://dpaste.com/259467/ (mirror)

Thank you for testing this. It seems to be a bug in the FLAC code. It
calls Tag::duplicate(&d->tag, xiphComment(true), true) on save, which
calls methods like setAlbum() on the Vorbis comment, which will
replace the multiple values you have set manually. I'll try to fix it
and release a new version soon.

Lukas