memory leak using TagLib dll with C++ MFC project

Michael Pyne mpyne at
Mon Nov 29 00:53:04 CET 2010

On Sunday, November 28, 2010 18:41:17 Kris Gustafson wrote:
> Some time ago I  mentioned two problems I experienced using TagLib. The
> problem about missing UNICODE methods was quickly solved by this forum (do
> NOT treat wchar_t as a built-in type!), but the second problem, a memory
> leak remained.  After considerable frustration trying to track to source of
> the memory leak, I decided to simply compile TagLib as part of my MFC
> project.  Memory leak vanished. I did need to add "#include "stdafx.h" in
> about a hundred different header files, but after that all the pain went
> away.  I assume something in the project was preventing proper use of the
> DLL (or even static LIB), but I don't know the reason.
> Just in case, I didn't want to leave anyone hanging about a possible memory
> leak in the TagLib code.

Thanks for the follow-up.

 - Michael Pyne
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : 

More information about the taglib-devel mailing list