Reading SYLT frames

Brian Rayne raynebc at gmail.com
Fri May 28 19:50:58 CEST 2010

I was eventually able to find enough information to determine the duration
of the MPEG frame in milliseconds with this formula:
(samples per frame * 1000 / sample rate)

Are there any public domain MP3 files that have synchronized lyrics that I
could test with?  Or should I just use an available program like Minilyrics
to create one for testing?

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:54:16 -0600
> From: Brian Rayne <raynebc at gmail.com>
> Subject: Reading SYLT frames
> To: taglib-devel at kde.org
>
> I was considering how to write my own application to read SYLT frame
> information from an ID3 tag, but do not know enough about the MPEG format
> know how to convert MPEG frame timing to real time in the case that the
> SYLT
> header indicates frame timing instead of millisecond timing.  What's the
> minimum amount of handling I need to implement to ensure that I can account
> for the timing conversion in both a static or a variable bit rate audio
> file?  Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.
>

> End of taglib-devel Digest, Vol 71, Issue 8

If you look through windows you can see what people are doing. If you try to
look through a penguin it will bite you.