Reading SYLT frames

Brian Rayne raynebc at gmail.com
Thu May 27 18:54:16 CEST 2010

I was considering how to write my own application to read SYLT frame
information from an ID3 tag, but do not know enough about the MPEG format to
know how to convert MPEG frame timing to real time in the case that the SYLT
header indicates frame timing instead of millisecond timing.  What's the
minimum amount of handling I need to implement to ensure that I can account
for the timing conversion in both a static or a variable bit rate audio
file?  Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.