Lyrics written to ID3v2.4 tags with taglib do not show up on the iPhone

Thomas Post post at equinux.com
Tue Mar 16 15:31:14 CET 2010

Lyrics of ID3v2.4 tags (Haven't tried 3.2 or older, just m4p and that works) do not show up on the iPhone. But they do show up absolutely correct in iTunes. But when I clear the Lyrics and add them again in iTunes it works. The diff between the iTunes USLT tag and the taglib USLT tag is only the 'tag size'. I saw in the id3v2farme is a part for NO_ITUNES hacks that does something different with the frame size. Maybe there is some additional hack for the iPhone required? or maybe the iPhone does it correct and does not need the iTunes hack?
Anyone any suggestions on that?

Thomas Post

equinux Aktiengesellschaft
Informationstechnologien
Kirschstraße 35
80999 München - Germany
Tel. +49-89-520465-339
Fax +49-89-520465-299
mailto:post at equinux.de
http://www.equinux.com/de
Vorstand: Till Schadde  -  Aufsichtsrat: Stefan Neuenhahn
USt-IdNr.: DE206360115  -  Sitz München  -  HRB München 129700

equinux USA, Inc.
100 Produce Ave. Suite L, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Toll free: 1-888-equinux (1-888-3784689)
http://www.equinux.com

Stay updated what's going on at equinux
equinux Blog | equinux @ Twitter | equinux @ Facebook