Cmake Could NOT find ZLIB (missing: ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 09:50:53 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Meghashyam Adoni <m.adoni at gmx.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am fairly new to this and am looking to use the taglib library in some
> code.
> However, I have some difficulty building the source.
>
> When I run cmake, I get this error "Could NOT find ZLIB  (missing:
> ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)"
> I have downloaded and built the zlib source.
> How do I point to the location where the lib file for zlib is while
> configuring the build for taglib?

The easiest way is probably to use a tool called CMakeSetup. You will
see all the configuration options there, and you can point it to the
right location. ZLIB_LIBRARY should point to the library file and
ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR to the directory where the zlib.h include file is.

Alternatively you can run use command line parameters:

cmake -DZLIB_LIBRARY:FILEPATH="C:/path/to/zlib/zlib.lib"
-DZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH="c:/path/to/zlib/include" .

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/runningcmake.html

Lukas